I just bought my bike the other day, part of my new adventure here in Walla Walla, WA. I have been here about 4 weeks and I feel as though I just arrived yesterday, in some aspects, while in others I feel as if I have been here my whole life. It is a wonderful combination I believe, although at times I do feel quite alone.
The last two Sabbaths I have sat alone in church and while I was there today I came to the realization that up until these past two Sabbaths, I have never sat alone in church. I am very spoiled with a plethora of loved ones. It has been an interesting experience that I will not take for granted--being alone is something I believe I need to soak in and grow from, not shy away from.
Time is a luxury and right now I am a very rich young woman. Soon I will have no time at all and I need to really take advantage of my time now. It is easier said than done though as I often find myself wasting my time on pointless tasks and mindless activities. I need to stop and smell the flowers while I can & boy oh boy, there are several flowers here in Walla Walla! Everywhere I turn I see wild sunflowers growing on the way side. I am thrilled each time I see them. I don't think I'll ever get use to their beauty and I hope I don't.
Taken while on one of my bike rides in College Place, WA
I can't wait for the year to begin and to serve everywhere I can. I pray that I won't loose focus. The people that God has brought into my life so far have been a testament of His plan for my year here. He has blessed me with so much love already and I pray that I can return the love while I serve Him whole heartily. I am staying in a beautiful home & working with an awesome group of people. If the beginning of this chapter is a reflection of what is to come then BRING IT ON!

Eileen! This is a beautiful post. Very inspiring. I am SO BLESSED to have a friend who is so amazing and so inspiring. I really like what you said about being alone and soaking it in. I have a hard time being alone. You are so right and it is so awesome what God is doing. Praying for you always. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete