Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Something Greater.

a lost identity. Through out my life I have encountered people that have taken the time to go "find themselves". I have always scoffed at the idea of "finding oneself" but it is starting to become a little more clear to me why people feel this need. In a world so populated with people and with so much love I often can feel very alone. No place I go ever feels exactly right even if I know it is where God intends me to be. There is always a little something missing. We struggle to belong through our clothing, music, character, etc. We figure if we just had that "one more thing" we'd finally belong. Sometimes I become SO overwhelmed with everything that I just want to run off to an island or to Africa or somewhere away from everything I know. I know that a lot of people get this feeling from time to time. I was wondering just yesterday though what where to happen if I actually did get away. Would my burdens follow me? I honestly don't think it'd solve the real issue. I need to live a life of peace and good will no matter where I am in the world. That being said though, I do not want to ever feel completely comfortable where I am. I don't think I will...but I am seeing now that I am better off not feeling this way. This is why--we shouldn't feel at home in this world. We weren't meant to live in this place. Something will always be missing. We were meant to dwell with God and have a unearthly intimacy with Him. Nothing should fill that void or longing. I don't ever want to be content with this life. I want to constantly be struggling against it--at peace but not to the point where I forget that I am not suppose to stay here. No matter where I go things will always be complicated, uneasy, and beautiful. Because in that struggle I see that I am destined for something greater then what this world can offer. Just give me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment