Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Germs.

I am half way through the first week back at school. This quarter is going to be extremely busy! Running from class to work to class to work all morning long. I am blessed with an amazing boss that helps to keep me nourished and healthy along the way--which is quite the task! From the day I returned at the preschool, about a month ago, I have been surrounded by beautiful little faces, covered in snot, and coughing from time to time. It is the first month of school cold and I think it is finally starting to catch up to me. My boss has given me a packet of Emergen-C to drink. She also told me to leave early and get some lunch when I didn't have time to pack a lunch for work. I am blessed.

In spite of their germs, I still can't seem to stay away from the students. Now that I have started classes again I am unable to be with them all day, every day. I miss them! I am glad I still get to spend time with them though.

I am also teaching/tutoring a 5th grader in math. I have always hated and struggled with math. I wasn't sure I could do it when my host teacher asked me but I said yes regardless. Ready for the surprise...? I love it! Sometimes it can be very exhausting trying to explain something but I still manage to have fun and because of my struggles with math at such crucial beginning stages of my education I am passionate about making sure my student truly understands what I am teaching her so that she can be better prepared for when the math becomes even more complicated and advanced.

Every day I spend with the my students, even the hard ones, only makes me feel more certain about my decision to become a teacher. How could I not be sure though when I am working with such great kids?


No comments:

Post a Comment