Everyday I work at the preschool holds some sort of epiphany or treasured moment. Today I was baffled by a particular little girl who insisted on playing with two other little girls that weren't treating her well. At this young and innocent age I see the very nature of "Mean Girls" being played out. The more the other girls treated her poorly, the more she sought out their acceptance and interaction. As an adult and teacher watching this take place I can clearly see that her best interest would be to seek a friendship with a child outside of this clique. For some odd reason, all she can see are these two girls who don't treat her the way any little girl should be treated and although she is hurt by their treatment, she mirrors the exact exclusive demeanor these girls show her with other children at the preschool. I know they are young and are just learning how to socialize, form relationships, and develop their own self confidence but I can't ignore the fact that so often we (adults) do the same thing.
How often have I found myself seeking the approval of those around me that reject or treat me poorly while under appreciating those who are such a huge blessing in my life and love me without conditions?
This weekend I had the opportunity to spend time with some of those wonderful type of friends (blessings). We had a great time walking the streets of Walla Walla & exploring the Whitman campus.
 |
| We just couldn't resist jumping into the Whitman fountain! |
 |
| Such a wonderful group of ladies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment