It always amazes me how life takes you places you never thought you'd go. How every person God brings into your life effects who you are, what you will become, & where you will end up. You'd like to think that people don't have an effect on you, that you can surround yourself with whomever and it won't change who you are, but the truth is, it does. It is incredible how sometimes you have to let go of people in your life and at the time you don't quite understand why but you realize that you had to let go in order to end up where you are today. I thank God for each moment that He has given me, each friend--even if we aren't friends today, and each door that has opened up into a new section of my life. To tell you that I live a life with no regrets would be a lie, I marvel at those who can boast proudly of the fact that they regret nothing they have done. I don't think they mean that every choice they made was the right one, but they have accepted them and moved on--allowing those choices to make them a better person rather than a bitter one. I think God is working in my heart to move into that direction of thinking. I praise God for my triumphs as well as my failures! I praise God for molding me and continuing to mold me in to the person He created me to be.I still have so far to go but I know that I can make it as long as I remember where I am going.
You want to know the best part of this whole thing? I am not alone. I have so many friends all over the world that are starting this journey too. Each of them having chosen to set aside their lives for God. Although they are far away from me physically they are constantly inspiring me and encouraging me. I am a small part of a BIGGER picture! My prayers go out to ya'll & I love each of you so much!
I would love to go back in time to the previous Eileen and let her in on all that is to come, but at the same time the unknown is what makes this all so much more exciting! The blind faith, the horizon of opportunities, and the constant plea that God will show me which step to take next.
No comments:
Post a Comment