WOW. that word doesn't even begin to cover my feelings right now. BLESSED. that word covers it a little bit more. JOYFUL. that definitely helps get the picture.
Southern Adventist University started classes today. I attended there my freshman year & half of my sophomore. You know how people always say you don't know how much something means to you until you are gone...well it applies to this situation as well. The people there...how do I put what they are in one sentence....? not possible. To tell you that they hold a place in my heart that won't ever be substituted with anything else is an understatement. How can you spend so little bit of your life in a place and still feel as though without it you haven't lived at all. That sounds SO dramatic but I suppose I feel that way about all the places God has taken me. Mount Pisgah Academy, Charleston, Michigan, and now even Washington. For this post though I am going to focus on SAU because today was their day of glory.
The experiences I have there are endless. The memories are as countless as the times in the day that I twirl my hair (which if you know me at all--you know how much that is!). The beautiful things about Southern is that I have so many different friends there that all share a different part of me. My high school friends, whom know me sometimes better than I know myself. My college friends, whom I sometimes feel I grew up with. Also, my elementary education major friends who I get to share things with that few of my other friends can understand. The lists are endless and I am blessed, blessed, blessed!
Today I felt so honored because on this triumphant beginning of another school year my dear friends all from different areas of my life individually sent me greetings. It is almost midnight here and I just finished my final conversation with one of my best comrades. The things I learn from my many friends are incredible. They help me grow! They help me challenge myself to greater heights! I wouldn't be who I am today without them.
God, thank You! I pray that You bless them this year! Give them more laughs, memories, & triumphs. I wish so badly that I could join them but I know that isn't the plan. I am grateful for the distance because it helps me appreciate them so much more than if I saw them everyday. When you spend time with people, you can't help but share a little bit of your soul with them. I suppose that is why you need to be so careful with who you spend time with. haha!
I am on cloud 9 because I know God loves me SO much! I have seen His love through my friends. Don't even get me started on my family...haha!
Anyways, I just had to share that before I went to bed. Couldn't keep it in. God IS GOOD! He has us all in His hands and He isn't letting go.
Dear Southern Adventist University Students,
Have the BEST YEAR EVER! Keep God number 1 in your lives & I can't wait till we get to make more memories one day. Till then you are in my prayers & thoughts always.
Love you,
Eileen
No comments:
Post a Comment