Friday, December 2, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas.

I know what God has planned for me to be. I have always known. Even when I was a little girl and I would line up my stuff animals and teach them. I still remember an activity my second grade teacher had us do because I told myself that I would one day do it in my own classroom. Still, there is no feeling like the one when you are finally doing a little bit of what you were meant to do and it feels so right. I feel blessed to know what I want to do with my life. I only hope that I can bring honor & glory to God's name through it. I have had so much fun these past couple of months working with the youth of Walla Walla but it was last night when I felt like I was doing what I have been created to do. We are planning leadership night with the Jr. High group and they will be leading out the worship service. I had so much fun practicing with them and leading them in their practice. I also had a blast this week when we visited the nursing homes. I think the kids really enjoyed themselves and I know the residents loved our company. I am so thankful for the staff I work with. They are all such amazing individuals who care so much about God and the kids. They inspire me and have become my closest friends here in Walla Walla. Each of them are very different from the rest but equally as wonderful.

Jr. high group at the Eagle Springs nursing home

On another note, Christmas is here! Betsy has put up all the decorations and the house is just transcending with holiday cheer. She even lent me a little Christmas tree to put in my room. I love Christmas! The lights, the food, the crisp air, the songs, & the joy. I also have a special treat this Christmas by finally visiting my home in Asheville. I almost wish that I could be two places in once, I'd like to experience a Walla Walla Christmas. There is no place like home though and I can't wait to be with my family. I am blessed with so much love in both areas of the country. I'll be flying home all by myself! It'll be my first flight alone and I know that I am a "big girl" now but I am still a little nervous about it. I know it'll be fine though and I think my desperation to see my family & friends out weighs my worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment